Today is World Pasta Day, and to celebrate, we’re sharing three ways you can turn your medical cannabis into delicious pasta recipes.
CREAMY POT PASTA
- 1/2 cup cannabis cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon beef stock
- Pasta of your choice
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as per instructions.
- Add olive oil to a large saucepan, add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Season with crushed red pepper.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they are brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add wine to the pan, scrape up any bits off the sides of the pan. Add beef stock and cook for 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add cannabis cream and simmer for another few minutes.
- Drain pasta and toss in the sauce with parmesan cheese.
POT PESTO PASTA
- 6 cups packed arugula
- 1 bunch of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons cannabis olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Pasta of your choice
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, cook pasta.
- In a food processor combine arugula, spinach, walnuts, garlic and puree. Add the olive oils.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the pesto.
CANNABIS MAC N’ CHEESE
- 8 ounces macaroni (2 cups, roughly)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) butter
- 8 teaspoons cannabutter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 340°F and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the macaroni.
- Cook the macaroni al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain the macaroni and rinse it with cold water. Return it to the pot off the heat, toss it with the vegetable oil, and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over medium- low heat. Whisk in the flour, then whisk in the milk, half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of the cheddar and mix well.
- Add the cooled pasta to the cheese mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Turn the mixture into a buttered 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1⁄4 cup cheddar.
- Bake until golden brown.
*Disclaimer: these recipes are for general inspiration, and are not created specifically for patient needs. In saying that, always stick to the amount of cannabis you are prescribed, despite what a recipe may reference.
Do you have a great cannabis recipe you want to submit? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this Post