July 14th is ‘Mac n’ Cheese Day’, and to celebrate, here’s a recipe for cannabis-infused macaroni and cheese.
- 8 ounces macaroni (2 cups, roughly)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) butter
- 8 teaspoons cannabutter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 340°F and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the macaroni.
- Cook the macaroni al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain the macaroni and rinse it with cold water. Return it to the pot off the heat, toss it with the vegetable oil, and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over medium- low heat. Whisk in the flour, then whisk in the milk, half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of the cheddar and mix well.
- Add the cooled pasta to the cheese mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Turn the mixture into a buttered 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1⁄4 cup cheddar.
- Bake until golden brown.
Share this Post