Cooking with your medical cannabis can be a great way to ingest your medicine, but always start low with dosage and never go above your prescribed amount of cannabis. For ‘Valentine’s Day’ this week, here is a recipe for cannabis-infused heart-shaped pancakes.
- 3 + 1/3 tablespoons of melted cannabutter
- 1 + 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 + 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- In a large bowl, make a dry mix by combining the flour, remaining 3 tbsp of sugar, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, make a wet mix by mixing the melted cannabutter with the milk, eggs and vanilla, then combine the wet and dry mixes. This makes a batter that is slightly lumpy batter, ensuring fluffiness.
- Heat a bit of oil in your pancake griddle or frying pan and pour the desired amount of batter into a heart-shaped cookie cutter on the frying pan. Alternatively, you can try to shape the batter into a heart with your utensils. Cook each pancake until the top batter has bubbled and firmed up a bit. Then flip the pancake and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Serve with syrup or fruit, if desired.
*Disclaimer: these recipes are for general inspiration, and are not created specifically for patient needs. In saying that, always stick to the amount of cannabis you are prescribed, despite what a recipe may reference.