A special recipe for ‘National French Toast Day’! Turn your medical cannabis into a delicious French toast breakfast.
- 6 thick slices of bread
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of both ground cinnamon and nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Dried cannabis
- 16 ounces of maple syrup
- To decarboxylate the cannabis, start by removing the large sticks, grind it up and sift before curing.
- Then put the ‘shake flour’ into a sealed Crock-Pot on low, for about an 1 hour. Or place in an oven at 150 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Heat up the syrup to exactly 160°F.
- Place your decarboxylated cannabis securely into a cheesecloth and into the syrup for a minimum of two hours.
- Remove the cheesecloth with the cannabis from the syrup and let cool before storing in an airtight container in your fridge.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, spices and vanilla.
- Preheat a griddle or skillet to medium-high heat and lightly oil.
- Briefly soak each side of the bread in the egg mixture.
- Place immediately into the skillet and cook on both sides until golden.
- Serve toast while hot with medicated maple syrup.
*Disclaimer: these recipes are for general inspiration, and are not created specifically for patient needs. In saying that, always stick to the amount of cannabis you are prescribed, despite what a recipe may reference.