Cooking with your medical cannabis can be a great way to ingest your medicine, but always start low with dosage and never go above your prescribed amount of cannabis. For ‘Valentine’s Day’ this week, here is a recipe for cannabis-infused cupcakes.
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cannabutter
- 3/4 cup pureed frozen strawberries
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup milk
- several drops of red/pink food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line cupcake pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer to blend the cannabutter with the strawberry puree. Add the flour mixture and blend until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk and dye. Add whites in three parts to the batter mixture.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- Here is a recipe on Pinterest for strawberry buttercream frosting, if you want to make your own.
*Disclaimer: these recipes are for general inspiration, and are not created specifically for patient needs. In saying that, always stick to the amount of cannabis you are prescribed, despite what a recipe may reference.