Cooking with your medical cannabis can be a great way to ingest your medicine, but always start low with dosage and never go above your prescribed amount of cannabis. For ‘National Spaghetti Day’ today, here’s a recipe for cannabis-infused spaghetti sauce.
- 1 can (26 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (26 oz) tomato puree
- 1 can (26 oz) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons cannabis oil
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large stock pot, stir together crushed tomatoes, tomato puree and tomato sauce. Set on medium-low heat and cover.
- Meanwhile in saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. When warm, add peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Saute until onions are clear but not browned.
- Add sauteed vegetables to stock pot, folding them into the sauce with the oregano and parsley. Cover and bring to a slow simmer, stirring occasionally from the bottom up.
- Once simmering add the tomato paste, fresh garlic, garlic powder and onion powder. Make sure to mix thoroughly. Turn to low heat and simmer, covered at least 1 hour.
*Disclaimer: these recipes are for general inspiration, and are not created specifically for patient needs. In saying that, always stick to the amount of cannabis you are prescribed, despite what a recipe may reference.