Cannabis can have an indefinite shelf life, but only if it’s stored properly in the right conditions. Here’s a few cues to know if marijuana is bad or old:
- Musty, mildew smells may indicate that marijuana is moulding. Essentially anything that doesn’t smell like it should, is a sign of trouble.
- Old and dried out cannabis will break apart into a fine powder very easily. Again, if it doesn’t look right, it probably isn’t.
- With touch, you can determine the quality of marijuana. See if it disintegrates easily or not. Deconstructing flowers will help you see if mould is starting to become visible as well.
- Listen to the sound of the cannabis as you break it apart, if it still has a “snap” sound, it’s in the right moisture condition.
- At the end of the day, a taste test will give you the answer!