Learn how to make some edibles with your medical marijuana! This week on the blog, we try cookies.
This recipe comes from Leafly, an awesome resource for medical marijuana users. For the full recipe, click here. Note that this recipe makes approx. 24 cookies.
- 2 ½ C flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C cannabutter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
Optional: Powdered sugar and milk, for frosting
*For less potent cookies, switch out any portion of the cannabutter and replace with standard butter as desired.
- Beat cannabutter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to cannabutter mixture a little at a time, stirring until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for an hour or longer.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll dough on a generously floured surface to approximately ⅓” thick. Cut cookies (see below for thematic cookie cutter suggestions) and transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden in color.
- Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting.
To frost: Combine powdered sugar with milk and stir until desired consistency is reached, then add food coloring as desired. If you like, add a teaspoon or two of cannabutter to thicken the frosting and add an extra kick of potency.